TAX DAY IS HERE!
Wow! The tax filing deadline is here, ready or not. Below is a list of tax filings that are due today.
April 17 –
* Individual income tax returns for 2017 are due.
* First installment of 2018 individual estimated tax is due.
* Deadline for making 2017 IRA contributions.
* 2017 annual gift tax returns are due.
* 2017 calendar-year C corporation income tax returns are due.
Note: Extensions are available for your 2017 tax returns. If you aren’t able to finish your federal income tax return by today’s deadline, you can still get an automatic six-month extension.
Just remember: Filing an extension only gives you more time to file your tax return, It does not give you extra time to pay the taxes you owe. You will be charged interest on any taxes you owe and do not pay by the filing deadline. If you are unable to pay on time, contact the IRS to set up a payment agreement.
There are special extension rules for members of the military serving in combat zones and to certain others who live outside the U.S. Give us a call if you have questions about your tax return.